The Boutique wishes to encourage, promote and sell an assortment of Aboriginal arts and crafts.
• To offer authentic Aboriginal arts and crafts products.
• To give a specialized service that focuses on the development of Aboriginal culture.
• To inform and to increase public awareness on the traditions, culture and life experiences of the First Nation people.
• To transmit the product history to our clientele while promoting the realities of the First Nation people.
• To sell Aboriginal arts and crafts while ensuring cost effectiveness.
• The Arts and Crafts Boutique has an interesting array of authentic and original Aboriginal products : purchasing a souvenir is like prolonging your stay with us.
• At affordable prices, our products are also excellent gift-ideas : jewellery, books, dream catchers, paintings, herbal tea, sculptures and more.
• Permanent exposition of Aboriginal art and Aashumiih Akawi Minicin Exposition composed of thirty-five photo displays relating historical facts on the presence of Aboriginal people in the Val-d’Or territory.
Monday thru Friday 8:30 am to 12:00 p.m. 4:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday
* PLEASE CALL TO CONFIRM OPENING HOURS FOR THE SUMMER SEASON,
AT 819-825-8299 EXT. 297
Local population and tourists.
The Boutique aims to be self-financed and to produce surplus to maintain and develop the services offered to the community.
The Boutique was established in 1996, one year after the construction of the new building. It is located on the first floor of the Friendship Centre, where beautiful First Nation’s arts and crafts are displayed.